When you travel to Chicago, you want to be able to see the best that the city has to offer without breaking the bank. It is one of America’s most beautiful and exciting metropolitan cities, and you definitely want to spend enough time there to really take in all of the sites. There are plenty of ways to have a great time on a small budget, you just have to know where to go and where to stay. Here are 5 fun things to do when traveling to Chicago.
- Visit Navy Pier and get a breathtaking view of the downtown horizon as you stroll down the boardwalk. Chicago is one of America’s most historically famous cities and the waterfront along Lake Michigan is home to some of the most famous entertainment attractions. From the rides, to the gardens, to the shops and the rest of the tourist attractions, you can spend all afternoon there, and if you’re visiting during the summer, you can check out the fireworks each night from June to September.
- Have an unforgettable afternoon at Millennium Park. During the summer, Millennium Park is home to some of the most exciting outdoor music concerts, the coolest film screenings, and the most amazing public workouts. During the winter, you can go ice skating through the McCormick Tribune Plaza. No matter what time of year you visit, there’s always something fun to do with the whole family.
- Visit all the exotic animals at the Lincoln Park Zoo. Not only is the zoo free, but it’s also one of the most fascinating and fun places to visit in the entire city. During the winter you can check out the colorful, illuminated grounds that are filled with all kinds of activities, crafts and rides for the whole family to enjoy. All year round, you can check out the Regenstein Macaque Forest and other favorites like Farm-in-the-Zoo. There’s just no way to have a bad time at the zoo.
- Get yourself a delicious slice (or two) of Chicago style deep dish pizza. Of course, you can’t visit Chicago without having a hearty slice of deep dish pizza. You’re going to get hungry after all of the site seeing throughout the day, and there’s no better way to satisfy your hunger than with a savory and filling portion of deep dish pizza. Just make sure you don’t eat yourself into a food coma!
- Find a hotel that allows you to be in the center of it all. When you are looking for cheap hotels in Chicago, be sure you’re not finding anything that is too far along the outskirts. Traveling is tiring and you’re going to want to be able to drop in and out of your room from time to time to change and put your things down. You may even want to take a short nap from. So be sure that you find a hotel that’s in the center of all the commotion.