London is a historical metropolis where you can find peace and sanctity in its green open spaces amid the skyscrapers. These are a perfect break from the city life and gives a chance to appreciate the beauty of nature. Take a walk in the parks with your loved one or arrange a small picnic with friends and family. The experience will relax and rejuvenate your spirit. Here are some of the top parks of London which are among the must see attractions of London.
- Hyde park is one of the greatest and most loved parks of London, having 4000 trees, meadow, large lake, an ornamental flower garden and The Diana, Princess of Wales Memorial Fountain. You can not only enjoy swimming, boating, cycling, but also enjoy a gourmet meal at one of the two lakeside restaurants. A tour of the attractions of London is not complete without a visit to the park.
- Richmond Park is the largest royal park in London. It’s the biggest enclosed space which has been home to ancient trees and herds of wild deer since 1529. You can enjoy a playful time at one of the two playgrounds of the park or enjoy golf at one of the golf courses or enjoy the magnificent landscape on a cycle or horse. From The highest point of the park i.e. King’s Henry’s Mound, you can view protected parts of St. Paul’s Cathedral.
- The Regent’s Park has a formal landscaped gardens, a rose garden and large outdoor sports area. It was designed by renowned architect John Nash in 1811. The park has a zoo, which has birds and waterfowl, open air theatre and a lake. The park has other amenities like cafes, public toilets and changing rooms.
- Hampstead Heath is genuine get away from the hustle and bustle of London into the wilderness. The wild flower meadows, ponds and the woods make a magnificent view for the eyes. You can enjoy the luscious beauty of the park by swimming in the pond or fly kites, take romantic walks or simply relax while watching the sunset.
- Crystal Palace Park is a park situated in the south London built in 1854. On top of the park during 1854 and 1935 there was the famous Crystal Palace. It was a large glass palace from the Great Exhibition. The park also has life-size dinosaurs, which was built by the Victorians. The park has a national sports center, playground, farm and maze for children and outdoor concert stage. It also has a lake with water birds.
- The Lee Valley Regional Park provides an avenue for adventurous sports. At the Lee Valley water centre you can ride the rapids, ice skate at the Lee Valley Ice Centre or ride a horse at the Lee Valley riding centre. The park is located in the southern easter London along the River Lee.
These are some of the splendid parks in London. They bring a welcoming break in the monotonous city life, where nature mesmerises you. The parks give London its distinct character. Thus, if you are planning to visit London attractions, then a visit to the park cannot be ruled out.