It’s full of exciting attractions, the weather is always warm and beautiful, the city is surrounded by beautiful beaches, valleys and forests and it is home to Disneyland – there are a lot of reasons to take the kids to Los Angeles. This city makes a great family travel destination and it offers plenty for both adults and little ones to enjoy.
The City of Angels
Located in Southern California, Los Angeles is a city that has risen to mythical status thanks to film and popular culture. Thanks to “The Terminator”, “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”, “The Beverly Hillbillies”, “Angel”, “Beverly Hills 90210”, “City of Angels” and “Grand Theft Auto”, we already have an idea of what Los Angeles is like in our collective subconscious. However, when you discover this massive Californian metropolis filled with glamour, excitement and a little bit of the absurd, you will find that there is much more than you ever imagined. The city is so huge that you won’t struggle to find many interesting and entertaining things to do that the whole family will enjoy.
Things to Do With the Kids in Los Angeles
Here are some ideas of what to do with the family when you arrive on your flight to LA:
- California Science Center & IMAX Theatre – This amazing attraction offers 400,000 square feet of fascinating science exhibits. Your kids will be having so much fun that they will forget they are learning.
- Aquarium on the Pacific – Your kids will love this aquarium, which is home to more than 11,000 ocean animals, as well as brightly coloured Lorikeets in an indoor tropical forest.
- Universal Studios, Hollywood –The highlight at this park is the famous Studio Tour, which takes you behind the scenes of your favourite films while riding on a tram.
Kid Friendly Restaurant Ideas Los Angeles
When you are going out for a meal with your kids you want to find a welcoming and family-oriented restaurant that will offer crayons and colouring sheets and a children’s menu with dishes suited to little appetites. Here are some suggestions:
- Café 50s – At this retro Santa Monica Boulevard establishment, kids eat for free every Wednesday. They serve classic American cuisine including hamburgers, shakes, sandwiches and turkey.
- Giggles N Hugs – This is a restaurant designed for kids, with a huge indoor playground and plenty of kid-friendly meals. Your little ones will love it!
- Denny’s – If you are looking for an affordable, unpretentious place to bring the kids for a meal, Denny’s is very family friendly. There are 10 locations in LA and some offers “Kids Eat Free” promotions on different days.
Looking for a place to stay with your family after you have booked your air tickets? Here are some suggestions:
- The Beverly Wilshire – If you are looking for a luxurious experience – you and your kids will be pampered at the Beverly Wilshire. They even offer welcome cookies, child spa treatments and a kid’s room service menu.
- The Magic Castle Hotel – This quirky hotel is located beside the Magic Castle in Hollywood and staying here grants you access to magic shows!